Monday, April 14, 2008

let's get this cheese wheel a-rolling, shall we?

I've got a belly full of soup, ELO on the creature speakers, and am feeling as happy as pea shoots on a spring afternoon (in case you are wondering just how happy pea shoots can feel, go lie on a warm hillside in the setting sun, you'll see). I think it is the perfect time to make my first post on my very first blog, which is actually a few months old but until now unchristened (turn on the champagne fountain, stat!). I'll let this post be a simple introduction; subsequent posts will have more interesting and useful content, I promise!
Ok so I know there are a million and five super-groovy food blogs out there with delicious recipes and sophisticated  photography and maybe one day I'll be in their league but for now I just need a place to tell my dinners to. 
Although I am not much of a rule-heeder or fan of the Man, I thought I might outline a few things I am committing to do or not do  here; if I break my rules, feel free to bust me out just be real nice about it:
  • I will remember to wash my hands before I type lest I smear up my dear white keyboard and mouse! 
  • I will try my darndest not to digress to super food snobbery. Really I will!
  • I will not use proper grammar at all times or punctuation or spelling and I will most likely have days when a hired spider monkey would be a better scribe than I. Ha.
  • I will not use silly food metaphors and if I do please read in the proper mount of sarcasm.
Enough with the rules already! 
Today is the day we've waited for. Ok here goes! 

2 comments:

Josh said...

Pea shoots in spring are the way to be, because peas in mid-July are a pain in the ass. You have to shuck them, and let me tell you what a pain in the ass that is when you're 14-years-old and all you want to do is go to town and hang out with your friends, but no, dad says you have to shuck two five-gallon pails of peas first. Who eats five gallons of peas??? So, yes, spring pea shoots are the best.

Josh

Unknown said...

any blog that begins with an ELO reference and features a pic with that kinda smirk can count me as a faithful reader. all the best.